HO! HO! HO! Meals in the City
Christmas is around the corner and many restaurants have already decorated and put their trees up. While the decoration is in place, the menus are also almost perfected and waiting for Christmas eve. Since we, The Bombay Foodies love this festive season, we thought of spreading the love and joy, and putting up a few must-visit places to eat the entire Christmas week. Here is the list:
For Christmas Eve (24th December)
Outlets at the JW Marriott:
1) Lotus Cafe: Indulge in a traditional Christmas Buffet where you can enjoy delicacies like Roast Turkey, Suckling Pig and Roast Leg of Lamb and a premium champagne bar to add to the festive cheer. The entertainment for the evening includes a live band and Santa Claus who will distribute goodies. The alcoholic buffet is priced at INR 3,500 plus taxes and the non-alcoholic buffet at INR 2,500 plus taxes.
2) Spices: The Asian specialty restaurant will serve a buffet style meal with delectable preparations like Dim Sums, Teppanyaki, Sushi and a special Tempura Counter complimented by a muddle bar serving champagne and wine. The alcoholic buffet is priced at INR 3,500 plus taxes and the non-alcoholic buffet at INR 2,500 plus taxes.
3) Mezzo Mezzo: Will offer a Chef’s special set menu to Italian cuisine enthusiasts. Priced at INR 3,199 plus taxes, it also includes a glass of Prosecco sparkling wine.
4) Saffron: Will offer a range of set menus to tantalize the Indian palate. The seafood set menu is priced at INR 4,000 plus taxes, non-vegetarian set menu at INR 3,000 plus taxes and the vegetarian menu at INR 2,500 plus taxes.
At the Palladium:
1) THE SAHIB ROOM AND KIPLING BAR: Dinner Menu Highlights of the Chef-Curated Four Course Dinner includes Sahib Ki Khaas Gilawat, Lucknowi Seekh Kebabs, Purvanchal ka Saag, Sasranga Meat, Subz Dum Biryani,Kacche Gosht Ki Biryani, etc. The Dinner is Priced at Rs. 3000 AI, and Includes a Glass of Sparkling Rose Wine.
2)Mekong: Dinner Menu Highlights of the Four Course Dinner includes Avocado Tartare, Dragon Maki Roll, Stuffed Tofu Balls, Chef Ting’s Fried Rice. The Dinner is Priced at Rs. 3500 AI, and Includes a Glass of Sparkling Rose Wine.
3) Yukka: Dinner menu highlights of the four-course dinner includes Crab Cakes, Hamacho Sashimi, Tiger Tear Maki, Chicken Katsu, Coconut Sphere, etc. The dinner is priced at Rs. 6500 AI, and includes a glass of Moet.
At the Lalit Intercontinental:
1) 24/7: A memorable Christmas at 24/7 at The Lalit Mumbai. Enjoy their sumptuous buffet with a multi-cuisine spread! There is an exotic variety of Indian, European and Oriental cuisine. Raise your glass to the Yuletide spirit with fine flavors from their live counters accompanied with unlimited premium beverages and the traditional mulled wine. With the right company, over non-stop music, their Christmas Eve Dinner buffet is sure turn this evening into a happy memory. Price : Rs. 1799
2) Trendz: The accomplished team at Trendz has crafted an exquisite four- course menu as the holiday season special. The meal comprises of fusion cuisine to add a sparkle to your Christmas. Celebrate ‘all things nice’ with pleasing music, and soul-satisfying food complemented by their impeccable service. Price : Rs. 2200 (inclusive of food and a glass of mulled wine)
At Sofitel BKC
1) Pondicherry Cafe: Indulge in an irresistible buffet with a Christmas Eve Dinner featuring Champagne,
Mulled Wine, Christmas Cocktails, live counters, enticing desserts and delicacies from around the world.
Adult : Rs. 2550 + taxes
Children’s package : Rs. 1350 + taxes.
Out of the Blue:
A wholesome meal comprising of a Salad Bar, Assorted Breads, Innovative Dips, Delicious Appetizers, a Hot Main Course Spread accompanied by some Mouthwatering Desserts, a Carving Station and a Live Counter!
Christmas Wednesday Lunch Buffet. 24th December 2014: 12.30 to 4pm
Christmas Midnight Buffet. 24th December 2014: 11pm to 1.30am
Price: not announced.
For Reservation: 26003000 / 1, 9324839393
For Christmas Lunch or Dinner (25th December)
At the JW Marriot, Juhu
1) Lotus Café: will host a special Christmas Brunch with an enticing buffet comprising of live stations and traditional Christmas favorites. In addition, a special kids zone has been created for the little ones accompanied by live music and Santa Claus. The alcoholic brunch is priced at INR 4,200 plus taxes and includes a glass of Moet Chandon. The non-alcoholic brunch is priced at INR 3,200 plus taxes.
2) Spices: will offer an oriental style buffet brunch setting with Chinese, Japanese and Thai culinary delights. The alcoholic experience is priced at INR 4,000 plus taxes and the non-alcoholic brunch at INR 3,000 plus taxes.
3) Mezzo Mezzo: will offer a Chef’s special set menu to Italian cuisine enthusiasts. Priced at INR 3,199 plus taxes, it also includes a glass of Prosecco sparkling wine.
4) Saffron: will offer the options of a traditional Indian set menu and an ala carte menu for all its guests. The seafood set menu is priced at INR 4,000 plus taxes, non-vegetarian set menu at INR3,000 plus taxes and the vegetarian menu at INR 2,500 plus taxes.
At Trident BKC
1) O22: presents an extensive Christmas Brunch with delicious treats of the season on 25th December, 2014. Raise a toast to the X’mas spirit while you enjoy the experience of live cooking with our chefs or unwind with complimentary foot massages while your children play in the entertainment zone created especially for them. Let this Christmas be a family affair!
2) Bottocino: For an a la carte Christmas dining experience, our Italian restaurant Botticino will offer a special menu on 25th December, 2014.
- Stuffed Turkey with cranberry sauce
- Roast meats, game birds and accompaniments
- Home cured Gravalax
- Live grills with assortment of meats grilled at site
- Grand International cheese and cold cuts display
- Plum cake, plum pudding and mince pie
At the Palladium:
1) SEVEN KITCHENS: Brunch Menu Highlights Roast Stuffed Turkey with Cranberry Jus, Maple Mustard Glazed Roast Leg of Ham, Exotic Live Sushi, Sashmi and Seafood Bars, Chocolate Fountain, Patisserie Station, Christmas Plum Cake, Traditional Christmas Pudding with Brandy Sauce. The Brunch is Priced at Rs. 2500 AI without Alcohol and Rs. 4400 with Unlimited Champagne
At Mia Cucina, Powai
Mia Cucina has an “Eat, drink and be Merry” Theme for entire end of December and start of January. This menu which is for lunch and dinner consists of Roasted Pumpkin Soup, Turkey Meatballs, Grilled Atlantic Salmon, Chcoclate and Strawberry Tart, Cocktails and Mock-tails as well.
Enjoy Christmas Feast with 5 Course Meal & Wine @Just Kerala – Hotel Samraj For reservation call Shankar – 022 2836 3919 for more details. They have Kerala delicacies like Fish Pollichatu, Chicken Fry, Chicken Mappas, Biryani and Kerala halwa on their menu.
We hope this list is helpful. Other restaurants like Joss at Santa Cruz, Good wife at BKC, Imbiss at Bandra, Indigo at Colaba and Jamjar at Versova have a Christmas menu or Brunch. For a detail look at their menus do check
Gourmet it up — http://gourmetitup.com/collection/christmas-specials-mumbai
Zomato — https://www.zomato.com/mumbai/christmas
(Sources — gourmetitup.com, zomato.com, Varun Kalra – MadisonIndia, Aniketh D’souza – Mindstorm India, Just Kerala — http://justkerala4u.blogspot.in/)
(Picture source — http://www.merrymeals.com/)