We’ve reached our 5th dish now and it’s things are getting hot in here! One of Mumbai’s favorite fish the Pomfret is going to be stuffed and coated with a beautiful Green Masala and fried on the tawa. The taste and look is very much like the Parsi Patra Ni Macchi but has a different way of making. So without boring you let’s get to it:
4 nos medium Pomfret
3 Big onions sliced
2 Big Tomatoes Sliced
1 grated coconut
7-10 cloves of Garlic
2 sliced chilies
Half a bunch Coriander leaves Chopped
Half inch cinnamon
10-15 black pepper corns
1 TSP each ( Coriander, Red chili, Turmeric and Cumin powder)
1. Marinade Pomfret with salt and Turmeric.
2. Toast the Whole Garam Masalas, then the coconut and finally the cashew and blend into a paste with the coriander leaves.
3. In a pan take oil and Cook the sliced onions and tomatoes till brown. Add one TSP each of the powders and Cook till raw smell goods away.
4. Add this Coconut and Coriander masala to the cooked onion and tomatoes mix and simmer.
5. Cool this mix and apply on the Pomfret and keep for 10 minutes.
6. Dust the fish in some rice flour and finish off in a Tawa till cooked.
7. Serve hot with Coconut chutney.
This Masala doesn’t take more than 25-30 minutes to make. The Pomfret was bought at the four bungalows market. This Masala can be applied on jumbo prawns as well! So do try this dish out and let us know in the comments how it turned up. Till then Keep Cooking and Stay Sexy!!!