Finally a recipe that’s not from the Coast, but will most certainly send you to heaven! Its simple, quick and will make you want to do naughty things with your partner! Well anything with chocolate makes us want to do naughty things but these cookies are bang on. So lets get on with it!
400g Unsalted Butter
425g Castor Sugar (Can use 50-50 Brown and white sugar)
3 Whole Eggs
5 ml Vanilla Essence
650g Compound Chocolate (Chopped into pieces)
600g Refined Flour
10g Baking Powder
- Cream the Butter with the Sugar (whisk until pale white) (You can use Brown Sugar as well)
- Add whole eggs one by one. If you add them altogether there is a chance that the mix will split.
- Half a cap or 5 ml of Vanilla essence is added to the mix next.
- Sift in the Refined flour and Baking powder together.
- After all the above has mixed thoroughly, drop in the chopped compound Chocolate and mix only for a few minutes (2-3 mins max)
- The dough for the cookies is ready, cover with a wet cloth or klin film and cool for 30 minutes in the fridge. Pre-heat the over at 180 degrees Celsius
- Take the dough out of the fridge and make into small balls of about 30 g each and put on the baking tray lined with butter paper. Make sure there is enough gap between the cookies as they will spread.
- Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 10-12 minutes in a convection oven.
- serve warm with milk or ice cream or just eat them plain!!!
Well if you’d want a double chocolate chip cookie, just add a 100g of Cocoa pwd and reduce 100g form the refined flour. You can also add some fresh grated coconut before baking the cookies to give it an extra dimension. Instead of chocolate one can add oats and nuts and even raisins for a little healthier option. The possibilities are limitless so #bombayfoodies until the next time Stay Sexy and Keep Cooking!!!