Cooking made Sexy: Chicken Dosha with ID Fresh Dosa Batter.
We are finally hitting double digits as this is our 10th dish and we’ve gone back to basics, South Indian Food. Now everyone knows the humble Dosha, its a breakfast item, it can be stuffed with potatoes and made into a Masala Dosha, add a little Rawa in the batter and you get the crispy Rawa Dosha.
But unfortunately in Mumbai the filling of meat or fish is less heard off. The lovely people at ID Fresh, sent us a few of their products and asked us if we could feature them and we were jumping with joy! We’ve used their products in the past, but now that they’d mailed us we wanted to take it to another level. This is one of the many products they make which is totally fresh and preservative free and we thought we could make a Sexy Chicken Dosha for you readers to try at home!
For Masala –
2 whole Chicken Legs
2 Medium Onions Chopped
3 Medium Tomatoes Chopped
6-8 Garlic Cloves
Half inch Ginger
3 Chilies chopped
Half Inch Cinnamon
1 Tsp Anise (Sauf) Seeds
3-4 Bor (Dry Red Round) Chilies
1 Tsp each Red Chili, Cumin, Coriander Pwd
1 Tbsp Turmeric Pwd.
ID Fresh Dosa Batter
Salt for Seasoning
- Marinade the Chicken legs with Salt and one Tsp Turmeric pwd. Chill for 30 mins.
- In a pan heat Coconut oil and little Ghee. Sear the Chicken for 4 minutes each side and take out. Add the Cinnamon and Anise seeds in the same pan.
- After spluttering put the chopped Onions and saute till light brown.
- Then we can put the chopped Garlic, Curry Leaves and Chopped Chilies and saute for 5 minutes.
- Once the aroma of the Garlic and Chili is released you an add the chop Ginger and Bor chilies.
- When the onion browns, put the chopped Tomatoes and let the pan get deglazed. This will bring everything together, cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add one Tsp each of Red Chili, Cumin, Coriander and remaining Turmeric and give it a good mix. Cook till the raw aroma vanishes.
- Place the seared Chicken on this cooked masala and cover and cook for another 20 minutes.
- Once its fully cooked and the meat is falling off the bone, take it out of the pan and shred the meat. We do so as we are going to be filling the Dosha with this mixture.
- Put the shredded Chicken back into the pan with the masalas and increase the flame to finish cooking such that the chicken is coated with the masala. Garnish and cool.
- Using the ID Dosa Batter is simple, just unzip the bag, take out desired batter into a bowl.We added a little water and some more salt to the batter but its not required.
- Make the Dosha on a non-stick pan or cast iron skillet, stuff the cooked Chicken mixture, fold and make it crispy!! Serve hot and eat quick!!!
Now we’ve also made a vegetarian filling with sliced Scallions, Carrots, Chilies, Garlic, Grated Cottage Cheese (Paneer) and Soy sauce and it was effing EPIC !! (Pic in Display photo) So go ahead #bombayfoodies and try out your favorite filling with this easy ID Fresh Dosa Batter and let us know what you thought of the recipe and the product!! Until then Stay Sexy and Keep Cooking!